We’re on the brink of British summer time but the weather is still forcing us all to deal with constant seasonal showers, so this week we have an ultra tasty recipe to keep those summer spirits up whilst making the most of comfortable days tucked up inside! Perfect as a light main meal option, or to make a signature gourmet side, inspiring food, photography and travel blog ‘The Year In Food’ offer their recipe of Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes – which promises to be an easy-to-create yet indulgent option for rustic dining.
The perfect snack to take to any garden party or dinner gatherings, this recipe simply requires sweet potatoes, minced kale, a dollop of Greek yoghurt (or sour cream) and a healthy dose of shredded parmesan to create the extra tasty filling, then finish off with finely chopped fresh thyme for added flavour.
Why not impress at any up-and-coming Bank Holiday Weekend gatherings and serve this as a tasty treat?…
– 3 medium sweet potatoes
– 1/2 small yellow diced onion
– 1 cup minced kale
– 1/4 cup strained Greek yoghurt
– 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan, divided
– 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
– Salt & pepper to taste
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
– Rinse sweet potatoes and prick the surface with a fork.
– Roast in oven until soft, just about an hour. Remove from heat and allow to cool enough to handle.
– In a medium skillet over a medium low flame, saute the onions in a little oil until soft, 2-3 minutes. Add the minced kale and saute until the kale is soft, 2-3 minutes more.
– Slice sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, carefully remove most of the sweet potato, being mindful to not tear the delicate skin.
– Combine the sweet potatoes with the yoghurt, onions, kale, thyme and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
– Bake for another 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is golden and bubbly.