Whether you like yours shaken or stirred, dry, wet or dirty, over the years the Martini has become one of the most well known cocktails, and there’s no denying it, but this drink is certainly a classic. The original Gin Martini is comprised of gin and dry vermouth, made famous by Mr. Bond, this drink is most definitely a favourite amongst many.
Not so long ago, Blackdown Spiritst, based in the Lurgashall Winery in Sussex, produced a rich and complex white vermouth, meaning that for the very first time you are now able to drink a 100 per cent English Martini. The vermouth is made from a silver-birch wine then fortified with herbs and spices, and certainly packs a punch.
– Strip rosemary leaves from stem
– Muddle in base of shaker
– Add 75ml London Dry Berry’s No3
– Dash of Blackdown Sussex Vermouth (a large dash if you prefer a less dry Martini)
– Stir or shake gently with ice until chilled
– Fine strain into a chilled glass