Whoever said “you wear what you eat” could not have been more accurate as the co-existence of fashion and food has never been more relevant! How does an on-trend summer pasta dish taken straight from the catwalks of New York sound? This week’s fashionable recipe comes from the innovative Italian fashion meets food blog Taste of Runway.
This simple, fresh pesto spaghetti dish takes inspiration by Calvin Klein’s A/W 2014 collection and is made up of garlic, basil, grated hard cheese and almonds. It’s the perfect meal to accompany a light lunch and heavier glass of white wine or as a tasty side dish for when you have to bring something with you to a summer BBQ!
Recipie: For 4 people
320g of fresh spaghetti
100ml extra virgin olive oil
50g fresh basil
70g Parmesan cheese (about 6 tablespoons)
30g Pecorino Romano cheese
2 cloves of garlic
A handful of shaven almonds
A pinch of salt
1. Peel and crush the garlic gloves and place in a blender with the basil, Parmesan cheese, Pecorino
cheese and almonds (remember to keep some aside for decoration) and a pinch of salt.
2. Blend for two minutes until the ingredients create a sauce consistency in bright green.
4. Transfer the sauce into a glass bowl and add the oil slowly, stirring constantly to ensure an even
mix or ingredients.Set aside until the pasta is ready to dress.
5. The pesto should not under any circumstances be heated in the pot but it should be used cold or at room temperature.
Cook the pasta in salted water, for roughly 4 minutes if fresh, until al dente and then drain.
6. Add to the pesto and stir well to ensure even coverage. Serve with some lightly toasted almonds and a sprinkling of Parmesan shavings.