This week’s recipe is taken from the brilliant food blog Recipe Girl founded by former primary school teacher Lori Range. Lori’s wonderful recipes are all original or adapted.
This salmon dish is simple and delicious, perfect for a summer lunch with friends served with a cold potato salad or equally as a a lighter evening meal. If you are looking for uncomplicated, nutritious and most importantly mouthwatering meal ideas then this could be perfect for you!
*4 tablespoons unsalted butter
* 4 skinless salmon fillets (about 11/4 pounds total)
* kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
* 1/3 cup slice almonds
* 2-4 tablespoons capers (dependent on preference)
1. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Season the salmon fillets with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cool until opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes per side, then transfer to plates.
2. Wipe out the pan and melt the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the almonds and cook, stirring frequently, until the almonds and butter are golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes (be careful not to burn) Stir in the capers. Spoon over the salmon fillets and serve.