Stepping into Spring, it’s the time of year to consider experimenting with light yet ultra tasty dishes to satisfy those food cravings. Perfect to suffice as a simple summer lunch or even during dinner parties, this week our recipe suggestion is Pasta Salad With Rocket and Yoghurt Pesto by lifestyle and food blog Lady and Pups.
Refreshing, whilst using yoghurt instead of mayonnaise for a healthy take on gourmet cooking, this dish includes the fresh flavours of rocket, pine nuts and coppa, all fused with notes of garlic and underpinned with sprinklings of Parmigiano cheese. A versatile dish, this recipe is designed to be adaptable – with potential to add other flavours such as broccoli or spinach, or even swapping the coppa for salami. Set to lay the groundwork for a an indulgent summer dish, simply follow the recipe instructions below and try this mouth-watering pasta salad dish for yourself…
– 170g of arugula (after trimming)
– 210g of Greek yoghurt
– 60g of freshly grated Parmigiano cheese
– 3 tbsp of pine nuts, toasted
– 3 cloves of garlic
– 1 tsp of salt
– 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper
– pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
– 300g of dry pasta
– Cured coppa or prosciutto
– Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
– Extra parmigiano cheese for shaving
– Wash the rocket and trim the roots, if any. You should have 170g after trimming. Toast the pine nuts on a pan over a medium heat until lightly browned.
– Add rocket, Greek yoghurt, grated Parmigiano cheese, toasted pine nuts, garlic, salt, black pepper and nug meg in a food processor. Run until finely blended. Bring a large pot of water to boil with a big pinch of salt. Cook the pasta according to package instruction until al dente. Drain the pasta well and rid of any excess water. Toss with the rocket/pesto.
– Use a peeler to shave Parmigiano cheese over the top, and torne off small pieces of coppa/proscuitto to scatter on top. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and crack fresh black peppers. Serve warm or at room temperature.