Fancy something a bit different to your regular bowl of soup with a slice of bread? Then look no further! Here at Jules B HQ we have found the perfect recipe to spruce up your traditional soup dish courtesy of V.K. Rees Photography.
Spend some time in the kitchen this weekend and enjoy this scrumptious dish in the comfort of your own home while the weather is still chilly. Delightfully packed with flavour – this meal is definitely one you must try at least once before winter is over.
Follow the simple steps below – enjoy!
• 2.5 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
• 1 cup plain soymilk
• 4 cups all purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
• 6 tablespoons vegan margarine (earth balance)
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread a little bit of olive oil on the parchment paper.
3. Combine the soy milk and apple cider. Let is sit for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a food processor with an S blade, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. Drop the margarine into the food processor and combine.
6. Add the soy milk mixture to the processor and pulse unti it becomes dough-like.
7. Put the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
8. Roll the dough until it is about 1″ thick.
9. Pick which bowl you will be serving your soup in. Use the top of the bowl as a cookie cutter and cut the dough up.
10. Put the dough onto the cookie sheet and cook for 12-15 minutes.
• 1/2 cup raw cashews
• Just enough unsweetened, plain soy milk to cover the cashews.
• A small pinch of salt
1. Soak the cashews in water for a few hours.
2. Strain the cashews.
3. Combine the cashews, salt, and soy milk in a VitaMix. Blend until smooth.
• 1.5 cups torn spinach
• 1 cups fresh oregano leaves
• 0.5 cup parsley
• 3 tablespoons pine nuts or pistachios
• 2 teaspoons lemon juice
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1 large garlic clove
• 1.5-4 tablespoons olive oil
1. Process everything but the olive oil in a food processor.
2. Continue processing and slowly pour the olive oil in until it is the right consistency.
• 1 tbs olive oil
• 1 red onion chopped
• 2 garlic cloves minced
• 1 28-ounce can whole, fire roasted tomatoes
• 1/4 cup silken tofu
• 4 tbs red wine
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• black pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a skillet
2. Simmer onion and garlic until fragrant.
3. Add the tomatoes and sauté until warm.
4. Add the tofu, red wine, salt, basil, and pepper.
5. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup. Or pour the soup into a blender to puree.
6. Pour the into the previously decided upon bowl.
7. Top with the biscuit, cashew cream, and pesto.