With Mothers Day finally here it’s time to consider cooking up a storm in the kitchen to create a tasty treat to accompany the gifts, flowers and cards that make the day special. Well help is at hand, with a simple dish of Creamy Pan Fried Mushrooms with Poached Eggs, so why not show off your gourmet skills with a spot of Mothers Day brunch?
Taken from expert foodie blog ‘Island Menu‘ this recipe is easy to make whilst set to become a token favourite for tasty snacking. Rustic, and filled with fresh produce, this dish is infused with the little added extras to become your signature classic! With a simple mix of ingredients (some of which can be sourced locally from farms or farmers markets for the up-and-coming chef in you), including eggs, a mix of portobello, slippery jacks and saffron milk caps mushrooms, freshly baked bread and a dash of cream and rocket, this recipe is a light yet indulgent option…
Creamy Pan Fried Mushrooms With Poached EggsImage from islandmenu.com
– A handful of mixed mushrooms
– Half an onion finely chopped
– Handful of flat leaf parsley chopped
– A small dash of cream
– Squeeze of lemon
– Knob of butter
– Salt & pepper
– Poached egg
– Heat the butter in a frying pan on medium heat, once melted add the onion and some salt and pepper and cook until the onion is translucent. Add the chopped mushrooms and parsley and cook until browned. Add a dash of cream, a squeeze of lemon and stir through.
– Serve on toast with a poached egg on top
– Garnish with rocketini to or you could use some rocket.