As we face a summer of uncertainty with restricted movement of travel outside of the UK, we’ve taken the time to remove the stress from your holiday fashion planning.
Whether it’s a last-minute weekend away in the UK, a European city break or a British beach holiday, we have curated a holiday capsule wardrobe that suits all travel styles.
Designed to cover all circumstances, we’ve included everything from beach bags and cover-ups to evening dresses and accessories that suit every style, preference and purpose.
The must-have holiday capsule wardrobe:
1. Denim/trousers – Trousers are a must-have. Whether it’s a pair of classic denims or a smart linen trouser, you’ll be prepared for all eventualities. Easy to dress up or down, this is a timeless capsule piece.
2. Sunglasses – Some shades are all it takes to summer up your style. Choose a bold design to add an eye-catching twist to a basic outfit or opt for a simplistic style to complement elegant ensembles.
3. Slip-on sandal – Get summer-ready with a pair of slip-on sandals, perfect for any occasion. Transition from casual to smart as seamlessly as day to night, with a number of new-season staple styles available.
4. Comfy cardigan – An essential item, perfect for layering up when the sun has set or simply keeping cosy on colder days. Our designer range features a selection of pieces perfect for all occasions.
5. Day to night dress – Whether it’s a midi, a maxi or even a midaxi, there is a certain versatility in some dresses that can see you through from day to night with a few small changes to your wardrobe. Perfect for packing light without missing that quintessential elegant touch, the right dress will set you up for all occasions.
6. Shorts – Shorts are a classic summertime staple and you can’t go wrong by diversifying your wardrobe with this versatile catch-all piece. With a range of wardrobe essentials you’ll be able to wear shorts through all seasons, but they truly come into their own when paired with a camisole on a sunny summer’s day.
7. Cover up/scarf – The ideal style statement, cover-ups and scarves can have a huge impact on the overall aesthetic of an ensemble. Whether tied around the neck to keep the chill at bay or loosely draped over the shoulders to complement early evening attire, this piece of capsule clothing is a true must-have item.
8. Elegant accessories – It is a widely known fact that accessories can make or break an outfit. Carefully curated pieces that showcase unique design and high-end, handcrafted details will only ever make your elegant style stand out. Belts, hats, headbands and glasses can add a touch of joie de vivre.
9. Jacket – It’s no secret that across most of the UK and in many parts of Europe, when the sun goes down (and sometimes when it’s still shining) there is a chill in the wind. A jacket promises wearability throughout the year, making it a capsule wardrobe classic. Dressing up or down is easy with a timeless collection of seasonal styles.
10. Beach bag or backpack – An essential summer style staple for your beach retreat is the beach bag or backpack. Necessity goes hand in hand with luxury when it comes to these spacious storage bags that lend an urban twist to your aesthetic, without the worry that you haven’t got space for everything you need on your day out.